- The 2 Great Commandments (1. Love the LORD your God with all your heart, ... soul, and ... mind. 2. Love your neighbor as yourself. (DEU 6:5, LEV 19:18; MAT 22:37-40))
- we do #1 when doing #2
- #2 starts with fellow-believers, but includes anyone on my path.
- God does not require more than I can do in the strength of Christ
- I must every moment be in fellowship with God
- I can do all things through Christ
- It is often easier with the support of brothers
- It usually is best to break the task into steps.
He will direct my steps to the correct next step as I commune with him
I get in trouble or despair whenever I take my eyes off of Jesus or start going it alone (which happens daily)
I tend to see the whole task and freeze rather than remember that today I am only responsible for today's step on the path
I forget to enjoy Him, to enjoy the tasks He gives me