Older iPods had a feature that would allow you to shuffle songs or albums. It would play a random album in its entirety, then another, etc. This is not available on a touch (an unjailbroken touch).
What I mean by Shuffle Albums," is really randomly find and play an entire album. I started to want this recently when "shuffle songs" would turn up a song I haven't listened to in years. I would have a "Wow,I remember this album," moment. This is a simple, obvious way to get this functionality.
1. I select songs to list all the songs on my iPod touch.
2. I push the "Shuffle" command.
3. I push the Next Song" command until a song comes up from an album I'm interested in.
4. I select the list of songs on the album (top righthand side)
5. I select the first song in the album
It seems like a lot to go through, but really step 3 doesn't usually take that long before I stumble upon .. shuffle upon ... an interesting album.